Monday, January 09, 2006

My favorite Christmas gift

My 20-year-old daughter Daena surprised me Christmas morning by framing a group of photos of us enjoying our favorite pastime together.

The photos, taken by dad/husband Rich, are 1) at a Willow Springs park, May 2005; 2) on a Barcelona bench, April 2005; and 3) on Aunt Rosemarie's couch after Christmas dinner, 2004 (Mama Elf with her hat askew):

Daena and Mom in park - smallestest.jpg

Daena and Mom in Barcelona smallest.jpg

Daena and Mom Elf sleeping smallest.jpg

I hung this present over my pajama-blogger desk and smile every time I look at it.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  3:04 PM  

Those pictures are making me tired now!

Anonymous,  3:20 PM  

askew, not eschew

Anonymous,  3:32 PM  

I would go so far as to say that the love of a child is worth even more than a video Ipod and an XBOX360 combined!

In all seriousness, those Lexus commercials with people giving each other cars always ticked me off, as if we need to spend thousands of dollars on each other to show our love. Thanks for this post showing that there are gifts worth infinitely more than anything money can buy.

Anonymous,  5:33 PM  

Long-time reader, first time commenter writing in to say that the posts are getting a little self-indulgent. This is sweet and all that, but it's not what I come here for.

Anonymous,  5:34 PM  

;-)

Rich Miller 6:01 PM  

Anon 5:33, I asked her to post something like this. I'll tell you why later.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP