Saturday, January 07, 2006

Gun Stuff

Mixed feelings about guns but the paper-pusher in me hates to see paper stack up.

From The Southern thanks too ACE OF TRUMP:

An untold number of Illinois gun owners may be unwittingly breaking state law because of a paperwork backlog at the Illinois State Police.

State officials acknowledged Friday that a rush of applications and a decline in staffing has resulted in a significant delay in processing Firearm Owner Identification Cards.
Bill Baars Westside

2 comments:

Anonymous,  5:24 PM  

Yes, I fall in this category.

Blago's hiring freeze (yeah, right), cuts to essential personnel, not paying attention to details (like the 1.2 million FOID card holders in IL) all means that now I am committing a felony in our fine state.

I am also astounded by the ISP spokesman's comments which makes it sound like this is not that big a deal and it is up to the "discretion" of police whether to prosecute me if I have a problem.

I submitted my renewal six weeks, out, just like they tell me, and I still don't have it. Now my FOID is expired, it is Blago's fault, and I am the one who could be prosecuted.

Thanks, Guv. "No vote for you!"

Anonymous,  5:36 PM  

The FOID card is out dated and should be done away with. The sad thing is that Blago will probably check the records and find the people he knows had their cards expire and have their guns confiscated.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP