Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Politics, Football and Poker

Once again, I've been remiss in meeting my blogging goals. I have just been really busy trying to get a variety of things done, but I think I'm almost there. The worst part is that there's been tons of stuff worth commenting on:

Rick Pearson's Sunday Trib article about the Governor's tactic of demonizing D.C. in his State of the State speech; the Trib Editorial about corruption everywhere you look; and Carol Marin's article about whether Chicago is ready for reform, just to name a few.

The common theme in those articles is one that I've discussed before. Will stories of scandal and corruption trump items like education and healthcare when voters head to the polls in March and November? And what does it portend for the future if they don't? Only time will tell.

I'm pretty tired and have to get on the road early tomorrow to get downstate, but I'll cover this issue in more detail sooner rather than later and discuss the specific impact that it could have on races on both sides of the aisle, and up and down the ticket.

Believe it or not, I actually have some other good topics which I will really try to find the time to get to them soon.

On a closing note, (and remember, this is coming from the guy who predicted Texas over USC by 4), take the Seahawks and the points. I don't really like the Seahawks, and the Steelers are peaking at the right time, but I'm surprised that they are favored, let alone by 3 1/2 to 4.

Lastly, anybody interested in a friendly game of Texas hold 'em downstate in the next couple of weeks, let me know. The first five people who I could see spending a few hours with, (and more importantly, that I think I could take), are in. E-mail me directly if you're interested.

I'm thinking about putting together a larger charity poker event in Springfield in March, but have to see how onerous the regulations are on doing something like that, or if it's even permissible. I'll keep you posted.

To post a comment, visit Dome-icile

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP