Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Bill Gentes Reacts to Loss with Humor

Here's the good-natured, after midnight reaction of Bill Gentes, who lost the 26th state senate district race to Dan Duffy:

Ouch!

As you may or may not heard, I lost the election last night quite soundly! I ended up with 39% of the vote, which was surprising however its nearly the exact same result as 4 years ago when this seat was last contested so maybe I should not be that surprised.

I was gratified to see that I carried the Round Lake area precincts quite handily with roughly 57% of the vote, so it does take away some of the sting, that the people who know me best, thought that much of me!

Over the months on this campaign I have met and befriended so many wonderful people who have supported me and been there for me when I needed it, that I am truly richer for the experience!

Thanks to all of you!

Bill
This was a major loss for the pro-abortion Personal PAC, against whom winner Dan Duffy promises legal action.

Posted first on McHenry County Blog, where you can read about the two new Democrats elected to the McHenry County Board, Paula Yensen and Kathy Bergan Schmidt.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  8:36 AM  

(heavy sigh)

Cal, it's not "pro-abortion" it's "pro-choice." Personal PAC does not run around telling all pregnant women to have abortions. They counsel women who want abortions that it is their legal right to do so.

Can you see the difference?

Anonymous,  1:48 PM  

Unfortunately, Mr. Skinner seems incapable of understanding this difference. Apparently, it is among a number of things he is not able to understand, which may explain in part why voters of his own party twice dumped him as an incumbent member of the Illinois House in primary elections.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP