Saturday, May 06, 2006

Member update

Several state legislators have agreed to begin posting here. I'm hoping that many more are on the way. I've discovered that just sending an e-mail invite isn't enough. I have to follow up with a personal chat and then make sure they figure out how to navigate the technology.

I've invited a large cross-section of legislators to post here, and will be inviting some Congresscritters to post as well. Strangely enough, nobody has given me a flat "no" yet. Invites to opponents will go out for anyone who has "real" November opposition.

Also, the Daily Southtown has begun running excerpts from my blog and, I'm told, this one in their paper on a regular basis. So far it's not online, but I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

And I'm sorry there was no spring legislative party this year. It was more than I could handle. We'll have a get-together after I return from my vacation, whenever that will be.

Also, in the next couple of days I'm gonna fix that list of Illinoize posters on the right side to weed out those who no longer post and add the new ones.

Illinoize is getting more interesting all the time and I'm determined, now that I have a little breathing space (spring primaries and the session kinda overwhelmed me), to make this the top state politics group blog in the nation, if it isn't already.

I'm also seriously considering moving us out of Blogger and over to a community blog format like Kos and RedState to give others a chance to prove themselves with diary entries.

Keep up the good work.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP