Wednesday, May 10, 2006

"Blagojevich Sucks"

The Governor had some fun yesterday with some CR's at the U of I who donned blue t-shirts emblazoned with, "Blagojevich Sucks."

From the AP:

"Instead, he had some fun with a group of College Republicans who came out to his appearance at the University of Illinois yesterday.

The group wore blue T-shirts emblazoned with an anti-Blagojevich slogan ("Blagojevich sucks") to protest a decision that could put some of the Illinois Student Assistance Commission's student loan portfolio up for sale.

The governor announced the program and touted its potential to provide student aid to more students. Then he looked at the College Republicans and said he wanted a T-shirt.

In Blagojevich's words, "I promise you if I get a blue one like that, I'll wear it when I go out jogging."

The College Republicans quickly handed up a blue T-shirt and posed for pictures with the governor.
"
Good for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  2:58 PM  

Rep. Fritchey has the picture on his blog, I have to admit that it's pretty damn funny.

Anonymous,  6:25 PM  

George Ryan would of got into a fistfight

Daley would send the city inspectors

Mell is wearing one of those shirts

Anonymous,  10:55 AM  

Abraham,

While I would not count myself a member of the JBT fan club, I am guessing she would have handled it deftly enough.

One does not get the impression she takes herself too seriously. That seems the essense of why reporters love her.

Anonymous,  5:33 PM  

It would be interesting to see the response if Blago added the word, "Honk if you think..." before "Blagojevich Sucks." That would bring traffic to a screeching halt and wake up the neighbors.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP