Monday, February 20, 2006

I ain't going back there no more

Karen Hawkins writing in The Defender,

In a tape of a 911 call released to the media by Cicero police, a man who says he lives in the home tells a dispatcher that the fugitives are in his house and have taken his female roommate hostage.

The man says he fled after going outside to take out the garbage.

"I ain't going back there no more," he says.

Several officials and community groups are calling for independent investigations into the recent events at Cook County Jail, including three jailbreaks in the past 10 months. No inmates had escaped from the jail in the previous 10 years.

A coalition of area clergy is asking the U.S. Attorney's office to conduct an investigation. A spokesman for the office declined immediate comment Thursday.
I was surprized these guys weren't all shot.

That was my brother-in-laws comment too. He's a lawyer and his other comment was he's guessing nothing we've read so far in the press is true. Those clergy should pray for Cook County.

4 comments:

pathickey 10:13 AM  

Bill, I think this Coalition will pull in its horns over the next few days, as details of the escapes come to light. I wonder if the light will shine on a big fish.

Anonymous,  3:16 PM  

Bill, sometimes not blogging just for the sake of blogging is ok.

Bill Baar 9:46 PM  

anon: I have a blogging monkey on my back. I can't stop it.

pathickey 11:52 AM  

Don't. Let it flow, Bill; let it flow. Always on topic and traget and never dull.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP