Thursday, December 11, 2008

Illinois's tradition of public service

From the Prez Elect's Press Conference,

"We have to reclaim a tradition of public service that is about people and their lives and their hopes and their dreams, and it isn't about 'what's in it for me'. And I think the public trust has been violated. Let me absolutely clear, I do not think that the governor at this point can effective serve the people of Illinois," Obama said.
If I recall the full conference he only named Paul Douglas and Paul Simon. Then as an after thought he threw in Durbin's name. (I'd question that but let's let it pass.) I asked myself can't he name anyone else? Ogilvie maybe? Dirksen? Chuck Percy? I mean there have to be a few others.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP