Monday, December 03, 2007

Child's Play

Just when you think that you've seen it all in political campaigns, along comes something so absurd that you just have to shake your head.

In their attempt to PROVE, without a doubt, that Sen. Obama has been planning on running for President forever, the Clinton campaign put out a press release yesterday with quotes from (I swear I'm not making this up) Obama's THIRD GRADE TEACHER and KINDERGARTEN TEACHER. The release states in part:
In third grade, Senator Obama wrote an essay titled 'I Want To Be a President.' His third grade teacher: Fermina Katarina Sinaga "asked her class to write an essay titled 'My dream: What I want to be in the future.' Senator Obama wrote 'I want to be a President,' she said." [The Los Angeles Times, 3/15/07]

In kindergarten, Senator Obama wrote an essay titled 'I Want to Become President.’ "Iis Darmawan, 63, Senator Obama's kindergarten teacher, remembers him as an exceptionally tall and curly haired child who quickly picked up the local language and had sharp math skills. He wrote an essay titled, 'I Want To Become President,' the teacher said."
[AP, 1/25/07 ]
If they wanted to try to make their point via Barack's words and actions as an adult, fair enough. But to cite a kindergarten essay in support of their position is simply absurd. Let me congratulate the Clinton camp for resetting the bar when it comes to trivializing Presidential politics.

To read or post comments, visit Open House

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP