Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Teresa Bartels Endorses Kathy Salvi

Things are moving rapidly in the 8th congressional district. Yesterday, Teresa Bartels announced that she was withdrawing from the race.

Today, Bartels endorsed Kathy Salvi for the Republican nomination.

Here is her statement:

While I believed that I was the best candidate to defeat Melissa Bean, I know that Kathy Salvi is the only other candidate who can defeat her. Kathy’s commitment to reducing taxes and spending, to winning the war on terror and her commitment to the conservative values of Illinois families, make her an outstanding candidate - one that I am proud to endorse.

This race was never about me – I ran because I wanted the Party to have the strongest candidate to take back this seat for the Republican Party in November – and the strongest candidate for our Party is Kathy Salvi.

Chuck and I and the entire Bartels family wish Kathy and her family all of God’s blessings in the coming weeks and months. And we all look forward to working hard every day to help Kathy on to victory against Melissa Bean in November.
This is what Salvi said in response:
I know exiting this race was a difficult decision for Teresa to make. Teresa shares my dedication to return the 8th District to Republican hands and she also shares my belief it takes the strongest nominee to beat Melissa Bean in November. I am thrilled to have her complete confidence and support in my bid to unseat Melissa Bean. I look forward to working with Teresa to get our Party across the finish line.

Teresa knows the importance of fighting taxes and cutting spending on the federal level. She was the only other person in this race who could provide an effective choice to voters to defeat Melissa Bean. I am honored that Teresa Bartels would endorse me.
McHenry County Blog covers the 8th congressional district Republican primary.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP