Friday, August 25, 2006

A nice guy.... a decent man

Today's ST:

Mayor Daley's former patronage chief, Robert Sorich, recently testified under a grant of immunity before a federal grand jury investigating City Hall corruption, his lawyer said Thursday.
And Ald Balcer a few days ago at the Sorich fund raiser,
Balcer made no apologies for supporting his longtime friend and Bridgeport neighbor. John Daley and Degnan declined to comment.

Balcer said of Sorich: "I know him. I've worked with him. He's from the community. I go to church with his mother. He's just a nice guy -- a decent man. I'm not ashamed to call the man my friend."
Balcer's got guts. He doesn't bale.

You wonder what he and others will be saying after all is said and done here. Jim's done a lot for Vets in Chicago when he managed the City's Vets program. I hope he doesn't end up with egg on his face or worse here.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  8:13 AM  

This little soiree was simply a thank you from Daley to Sorich for falling on the sword. It also serves as a notice to others that if you keep your mouth shut you will be taken care of.

Cal Skinner 11:43 AM  

I wonder if the fund raiser's attendees knew Sorich was talking to the federal grand jury.

Of course, it was not voluntarily.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP