Friday, August 25, 2006

Chief Postal Inspector on Ryan Case in Springfield

I don’t know if it is significant or not, but the chief postal inspector in the investigation of George Ryan is now based in Springfield.

Maybe Basil Demczak just wanted cheaper housing.

Maybe the Feds needed a top-flight investigator on the ground in Springfield.

For what this postal inspector requested from me while he was vacationing, click here.

Maybe he had something to do with the Secretary of State’s 8,000 ghost payroll hour pleas. Their supervisor was Cecil Turner, “first vice chairman of the Sangamon County Democratic Central Committee and head of its minority caucus,” the State Journal-Register says.

More stories on McHenry County Blog, including the fall-out from the Gay Games in Crystal Lake.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  8:36 AM  

Geeesh, you and Bill with the gay stuff. Gay games, gay parades, gay marriages, mens federal prisons. What's up? You know, it's okay.

Cal, are you any relation to the guy that was CDB director in the early 80’s? I think it was Sam Skinner….just curious.

Anonymous,  9:28 AM  

Basil is a straight up guy who's worked hard towards rooting out corruption in the State. I'd like to know if he and the Feds are looking into the corruption continuing at the Secretary of State's office? It really hasn't slowed down-it's just kind of been kicked under the rug.

Cal Skinner 4:13 PM  

I served an manager of the Bureau of Benefits in CMS fter I lost the State Comptroller's race in 1982.

Sam Skinner is no relation, although I think he did head CDB at one time.

Anonymous,  6:45 PM  

I'm a die-hard D, but if you decide to campaign-up again, I'll vote for you.

You're alright in my book.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP