Friday, August 04, 2006

Cruising with Caprio

Tonight my bride and I shall be cruising along Lake Michigan looking at Tall Ships, the ones with sails.

Whether the scheduling of Family PAC’s annual fund raising cruise was a fortuitous accident or planned all along, Executive Director Paul Caprio certainly has an excellent date—boarding begins at 6:15 on the Evening Star, southwest of Navy Pier, and the boat sails at 7.

The price is right--$160 per couple ($85 per person) for walk-ins.

After seeing Pirates of the Caribbean, I thought my son might want to go with us. He even built his first model of a sailing ship (with a little "Dad time") that he found in a shop at Navy Pier after we saw the excellent “Seuessical, The Musical” last month. (He knows all of the songs.)

Although conflicted, he decided to go to the McHenry County Fair instead.

And, what will one see besides the Tall Ships and honoree State Sen. and congressional candidate Peter Roskam?

Lots of conservatives whose names you know, but may not have ever met, plus others whose names you will know one of these days.

8 comments:

Skeeter 12:35 PM  

I thought that you Republicans hated Chicago.

What's the deal? Why are you coming here?

Cal Skinner 1:07 PM  

We like to be close enough to visit, but we don't want to be forced to pay an RTA parking tax again.

Anonymous,  1:24 PM  

I’ve got an idea for turning your cruise into a "grand adventure." How about if your merry band of Family-PAC members and conservative politicians thread your way down to the Caribbean? I know its hurricane season, but I’m told there is a little island 90 miles south of Florida with an ailing leftist totalitarian leader, which desperately needs to be freed and democratized.

You can stop in Washington, D.C. and Miami to pick up Vice President Cheney, neocon interventionists, hawkish liberals, reconstruction magnates as well as island exiles, many who want to return to their homeland. Your roadmap to success will be our country’s carefully crafted plan for rebuilding Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe the long suffering natives will welcome you with open arms, yearning for American tutelage.

Yo ho! Yo ho! A liberators life for me!

Anonymous,  3:41 PM  

Gee, this cruise sure sounds like loads of family fun. However, I’ve got some concerns, given that it will be departing from Chicago. Will any special precautions be taken to make sure no homosexuals board the boat?

Also, I live in a northern suburb. Can you give me directions so that I avoid entering Ald. Joe Moore’s Ward, which is suppose to be a filthy and decrepit place?

Can you tell me if there are any discount stores in Chicago in case I have to pick up a last minute item for the cruise? There appear to be no Wal-Marts and I don’t want to pay one cent more than I have to for a product, especially at one of those high wage, unionized stores.

Finally, where are the least expensive parking lots? I’ll be driving my Hummer H2 tonight so that I can steer clear of taking inefficient, government subsidized mass transit.

Anonymous,  5:45 PM  

Don't forget to cut a nice check. Someone has to pay Paul's consulting fees.

Anonymous,  5:50 PM  

Your son is very smart.

Cal Skinner 3:32 AM  

If you want more details about the cruise, they are published on McHenryCountyBlog.com.

Anonymous,  4:40 PM  

The GOp 42nd Ward fundraiser cruise was only $90.

"Greed is good," I guess.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP