Friday, December 09, 2005

At least Birkett is keeping his options open

Someone at work asked me what it meant if Birkett decided to run for Lt. Governor and I said 'I will get another e-mail from someone asking me to pass Lt. Governor petitions'. This comes from an e-mail I got at 5:18 PM Tonight

Dear Friends,

As you may have read, I am giving serious consideration to joining the statewide ticket as running mate to state Treasurer Judy Baar Topinka.

I had decided earlier not to run for Governor. In the last 36 hours, prominent Republicans such as former Governor Jim Edgar and Congressman Ray LaHood have called and urged me to make the run and I've had positive discussions with the Treasurer. They all believe that I can play an important role in helping to defeat Rod Blagojevich.

Although the decision is not final, time is short to circulate petitions should I decide to enter the race. Please help me circulate these petitions for Lt. Governor and stay tuned for more definitive word on this decision soon. Thanks for your help.
I may be a bad blogger/pundit but sometimes I feel like Kreskin ;-) . I am just waiting for word on an Oberweis/Kathuria team up
OneMan

4 comments:

Anonymous,  5:55 AM  

That's as nutty as Rauschy's "Circulate my petitions, but if the wrong person gets nominated for Governor, I'll resign."

Now Birkett is saying "Circulate mine, even though I may decide not to run."

Nuck, Nuck, Nuck... Soitenly!

Anonymous,  6:36 AM  

Unbelievable! Sell Out Joe has an ego out of control!

Who says "go out and get frost bite getting petitions, and if the mood strikes me,maybe I'll be able to use them?"

Why is Sell Out Joe even contemplating this run? I thought he had big cases to bumble.

Anonymous,  8:40 AM  

“I’m a public servant first,” Birkett, the DuPage County state’s attorney, said in a phone interview Tuesday. “I can’t put politics above the job.”

Judy's campaign is a mess.

Anonymous,  8:58 AM  

So let it out and let it in, hey, Jude, begin
You're waiting for someone to perform with.

So far, you're not doing so good!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP