Friday, April 14, 2006

Hey bloggers: Declare your blogging income!

Crossposted on Marathon Pundit.

If you live in the United States and Marathon Pundit is your sole source of information, I need to tell you that your federal (and Illinois) tax return need to be postmarked no later than April 17.

Also, it's the law, any revenue deducted from blogging, like any income, is taxable. I put mine down on my IRS 1040 form as "hobby income."

And for those political bloggers, like me, out there: Remember, Bill O'Reilly was audited three times while Bill Clinton was president.

As for myself, heaven forbid, if Jan Schakowksy ever becomes Secretary of the Treasury....

4 comments:

fedup dem 10:21 AM  

And Dan Rather had three IRS audits while Richard Nixon was President!

Anonymous,  12:29 PM  

Is Jan Shakowsky's income include her husband and bounced checks?

Anonymous,  12:54 PM  

Only losers don't cheat on their taxes!

Harriet 8:45 PM  

I wonder if I can count the time spent on my blog as a business expense, thereby reducing my taxes. :-)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP