Monday, April 24, 2006

Comcast Policy Makers

Daily Herald wrote yesterday in their Editorial on reforming Illinois politics said,

Illinois is the perfect breeding ground for corruption. It shuns openness. It champions pay to play. It has more government than most other states, making it more distant from the public, less transparent.
I've been enjoying the Comcast Policy Makers. They've gotten me closer to State Government then I've ever been before. Comcast ought to make transcripts/videos of these shows available on their website. It's a great way to bring more transparency to State government and get people a little more involved.

The last show with Cross, Susana Mendoza, and Skip Saviano gave a little insight on how the General Assembly works.

Mendoza's efforts on collecting DNA results from arrested but not convicted of anything made sense to me, but it's the sort of thing I'd like to see debated by the libertarians among us. It's one of those initiatives that flies under the radar (at least my radar) but will have big impact.

So Comcast or Leader Cross could help further the transparency goal here by linking closer to the blogosphere and making it easier for us to follow up on some of this good stuff and push it out.

PS What about the DH's notion we have too much gov?

2 comments:

Anonymous,  2:46 PM  

Baar,

So you're the other person who watches that. It's funny to read your entry -- couple weeks ago, my wife and her sister went out, and I had the TV to myself. I poured a drink and watched that Cross-Saviano-Mendoza episode and found it really interesting and all three engaging and telegenic.

Also found myself wishing to be a fly on the wall at a Saviano-cooked dinner.

Mabye I'm a big nerd for enjoying that show - but it really is good tv (and responsible TV by the Cable giant).

Oh, and good politics by cross - who comes across very well and doesn't inflect any partisanship.

Bill Baar 3:08 PM  

Thanks SenorAnon,

I agree all three did a great job, and would like to have linked to a transcript. I would have written some posts based on it.

Comecast, Cross and others should look at making these shows more blogger friendly becuase

I think it would help spread what's happening with local and state gov.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP