Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One Version of the Budget Address

Rich is pointing out that there was not an off the record budget briefing from the governors office this year.

However here at OneMan central we have gotten a preview copy...

Dear Citizens of Illinois, in the past I have tried to do big things for you, health care, better school funding all without raising income taxes. I have failed you, due to the lack of vision of the people in front of me, they have didn't have the vision to approve the GRT, they didn't have the vision to lease the lottery or toll road. They didn't embrace Kino, they have asked questions about what I have wanted to do for you and all around meddled in my plans.

No more....

We are going to buy the Chicago Cubs and I will serve as GM along with being the coolest governor.

How we are going to pay for this. Simple, I am going to sweep every single fund down to 0 and we are not going to pay any bills for 6 months.

That's it, if you don't approve it I will have more special sessions than you can shake a bat at. I will veto anything and everything you do until this happens. I will end up seeing you in court. While you guys are dealing with all of that I will be enjoying the summer at Blago Field opps I mean Wrigley Field.

Go Cubs, I have to catch a Hannah Montana episode I think he secret identity is going to be revealed to the world.

1 comments:

fedup dem 11:13 PM  

Unfortunately, you probably hit the truth right on the head!

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP