Thursday, July 27, 2006

Can't We All Just Get Along?

So although I've been continuing my light summer blogging schedule, I've got a couple good topics in mind that I hope to post up here in the next week or so. In the interim, I just happened to catch a press release that didnt' pop up in any stories that I saw today.

Apparently, the Governor today appointed Judge Abner Mikva to head the Human Rights Commission to replace outgoing Chair J.B. Pritzker.

Now I have nothing but admiration for Judge Mikva, and think that he is a fine choice for appointment to most any position, but I can't help but think that this announcement will inevitably rekindle discussion about the whole controversy regarding Sister Claudette Marie Muhammad and the Governor’s Commission on Discrimination and Hate Crimes. Granted, one has nothing to do with the other, but it's a relatively short line from one to the other.

It is difficult to think that the administration would not anticipate this linkage. But on the other hand, maybe they figure that it's better than the press that they've been getting lately.

To read, or post, comments, visit Dome-icile

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP