Thursday, October 30, 2008

Don't Be Afraid

Okay Okay. I get it. As I've been reminded by multiple messages in the last few days, I've completely slacked off on the blogging. And not to make excuses, but it's been a combination of post-session burnout and most of the focus being on national issues, which really isn't my thing on this blog.

So let me dip my toes back into the blogging waters with this thought and video. The debate over Con-Con has been raging, and I don't think that the opponents thought that the supporters would have as much traction as we do. I am hardly saying that I feel very confident that it's going to pass, but right now, I do think that we are definitely within striking distance. Not McCain-type striking distance but real striking distance.

What's frustrating is that so much of the opposition has been based in fear-mongering rather than articulated issues. And while I don't want to rehash the arguments here, I think that the following ad captures this sentiment pretty decently.



One last note. Given the sporadic to non-existent compliance with the court ruling requiring voters to be provided with corrected ballot language, I would find it hard to believe that a loss on the ballot question would not be followed by a lawsuit. I'll discuss it more if it comes to pass, but for now, I just wanted to posit that thought with you.

To read or post comments, visit Open House



  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP