Friday, June 01, 2007

Thank goodness lard-assed education bureaucrats are there to protect kids from learning how to be industrious and hard working


Peoria Journal Star columnist Phil Luciano is aghast that the state government turned down a 15-year-old kid's request for a work permit that would let him legally mow lawns this summer.

I am aghast that the kid and his parents were dumb enough to ask the government for permission.

Stupid laws are made to be broken, and telling a 15-year-old he can't mow lawns is a textbook case of stupidity. Remember: They can't say "no" if you don't ask permission.

And remember folks, the state doesn't have enough money to adequately fund schools, but it can still find the cash to pay lard-assed educational bureaucrats to tell 15-year-olds that mowing lawns is unfit work for teenagers. I wish these brain-stems had been there to tell this to my Dad, who thought NOTHING of making me mow the yard at least once a week when I was growing up. And get this, he thought NOTHING of ordering me to mow the elderly neighbor lady's lawn too! And during winter, I often had to shovel her sidewalk too! That's slave labor!

To the right, there's a picture of my nephew Noah being forced to work by his grandfather. The abuse doesn't skip a generation, does it?

I made more money delivering newspapers, but with circulation in the toilet, I imagine there's much less money in that racket these days.

A shorter version was cross posted to Peoria Pundit.

5 comments:

Harriet 6:30 AM  

Actually, I love this law; in fact I am using it to try to get out of mowing out own lawn...

"honey, the grass is getting high"

"yes, dear, but I don't want to break the law..."
:-)

Extreme Wisdom 7:33 AM  

On one hand, this is another humorous story about the utter stupidity of what passes for government.

OTOH, the number of sheep that actually defend this stuff (see the posts after the article) is a good indicator of just how far along the road to serfdom we are.

Billy Dennis 9:24 AM  

We're more than far long that road. We've reached the city gates and are demanding entrance.

Cal Skinner 4:13 PM  

Why isn't he using a mower that won't pollute the atmosphere?

Anonymous,  6:54 PM  

Thanks goodness for that article. I was running of real problems to worry about.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP