Monday, June 04, 2007

Is Rodacity a Word?

Because that's what comes to mind when you cross Rod + audacity.

To any of my colleagues hoping to feel better about the process:

Do NOT make the mistake that I made of listening to the Sheila Nix press conference, posted at Capitol Fax. Unless of course, you will feel encouraged by the Governor's position that we 'really need to get to work' and that we can't 'just engage in 3 day workweeks' as the Speaker has proposed.
Does the Governor's office really think that it is smart and/or productive to continue to antagonize the very people that he claims to want to work with? And especially on the issue of how much time we spend working in Springfield of all things?!

I really truly have no interest in being at odds with the Governor. But at the same time, to those of us in the General Assembly who work hard at our jobs, to sit back and have him take potshots at our work ethic, it isn't politics, it's personal.

I very politely told him so during our caucus with respect to his 'Gucci and steak' comments following the crushing of the GRT proposal. My comments apparently fell on deaf ears.

All I know is that none of my constituents have been calling complaining about seeing me jogging in the neighborhood in the middle of the day. (Although I could definitely use the exercise.)

To read or post comments, visit Open House

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP