Friday, June 15, 2007

What's Wrong With This Picture?

In my decade in office, I have never seen morale under the dome so low, and public distrust so high. I get the feeling that, more than usual, something just isn't right.

And I don't mean in the sense of 'there's always some issue going on in Springfield' not right, I mean in 'tectonic plates shifting prior to a major earthquake' not right.

I think that factors are converging - both parties being dogged by scandal and discord; large-looming fiscal obligations hovering around; clashes of egos and ambitions; a potential for a Constitutional Convention; shattered public confidence in state government, etc. - to such a degree that something just has to give. What though, I'm not sure.

I can't put my finger on why, but things are stranger than normal. I just wonder what will come of it.

Just something for you to ponder.

To read or post comments, visit Open House

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP