Thursday, September 21, 2006

Don't they teach anything in Governor School anymore.

If you can't be sure who the gift was for and what it was for, then how can you be sure that the money even went to your kid?

If you are the Governor of Illinois and some one gives you or your kid a check (or cash) as a gift shouldn't you make a note of that? If for no other reason than just in case something like this happens.

Seriously, don't elected officials do stuff like that for their own protection? My wife does it just for the thank you notes, FYI if you give OneMan, Mrs. OneMan, OneDaughter or OneSon $1,500 you will get a nice thank you note.

More at OneMan's Thoughts

4 comments:

Anonymous,  10:11 PM  

RRB: "As I look back on it, we should have caught this. The moment Beverly started talking to the state about a job, I should have said 'Mike, Beverly, things are going to have to change. We're going dutch on EVERYTHING for as long as I'm in office. Because our friendship is too important to get caught up in any public perception issues.'

"I didn't do that, and I am now returning the check. We will still be friends, but I am going to make sure that if he hands me a beer at Wrigly, I give him an Abe Lincoln to cover it."

Pretty much end of story. Asked about it the next time, he says "That's old news, I feel terrible that I embarassed my best friend, and I've taken steps to fix it."

Anonymous,  5:51 PM  

Sage Observer,

Wow!! How have they not fired the PR staff in the Govs office and given you the job? Nicely said. That is REAL spin, not the crap they tried to put out yesterday!

Anonymous,  9:58 AM  

The Governor has boasted on a number of occasions that he was a C student in school. My guess is he apparently hires C students for his PR team, too.
Maybe he missed the "Don't Accept Financial Gifts From Friends" class at Governor's School.

Anonymous,  6:37 PM  

As I recall, he said he was a "C" law student.

Looks like he was an "F" governor school student.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP