Friday, January 11, 2008

Gin Mills and Smoke

I stopped at a long established, neighborhood shot-and-a-beer joint in the tri-cities area yesterday. I've had a beer there over the years late afternoons when locals would be dropping in after work. It used to be thick with smoke, and crowded enough by five thirty you'd likely stand.

Yesterday stools abounded and air clean and fresh. The barmaid said day-time business had tanked and she expected they'd fold by March if things didn't turn around.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  8:09 PM  

That is unfortunate. In other news, I hear the local absestos plant also may be shutting down. Dammit, if I want my insulation with asbestos,why should the nanny state tell me I'm wrong?

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP