Sunday, January 27, 2008

A video from Brookins for State's Attorney

The first time I checked out Ald. Howard Brookins' campaign website in a while. Up until recently there wasn't much going on there.

At about 1 minute into this video the rudest thing happened. He attempted to talk to a couple who were at a vending machine as he approaches them with literature. They get their goods and then they walk away from him without a word. Brookins stands there looking at the camera, confused, befuddled, or whatever adjective you can come up with.

I was going to post this with the idea that maybe Brookins didn't do a good thing here. Well let me just say this, I know some people don't care for politicians but there's just no reason for behavior such as this. It doesn't help if you were caught on camera doing that. Yeah I could go into race on this one, but that's just too convenient. Besides I don't know what went thru their heads when they did what they did.

3 comments:

Skeeter 4:17 PM  

Maybe what was going through their heads was "Why is this person taping me?"

You really think this was about race? Somebody gets taped while at a vending machine in a CTA station, and you think the PEOPLE TAPED were the rude ones?

Here's an idea: If you want to connect with voters, don't tape them without asking them.

Moreover, what does it say about Brookins and civil liberties? He thinks he can go anywhere, tape people, and then post it on his campaign website?

As much as I can't stand Peraica, I will vote for him if Brookins get the nod.

Levois 5:39 PM  

Skeeter, I was just asking a question. I wasn't making this about race at all. Like I said the race angle is too convenient.

But you raise a very good point about whether or not he should have taped them without permission. I think that's fair.

Anonymous,  2:14 PM  

How come Howard Brookin hired the Victor Reyes consulting group and Victor Reye's partner the Toddler Stroger campaign manager Mike Noonan?

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP