Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Worse than "read my lips"

Gubernatorial Candidate Rod Blagojevich, 2002:

“Reform and Renewal”

“End business as usual”

“Rock the system”

Governor Rod Blagojevich, 2006:

"First of all, let me say I never promised to ride in on a white horse. I'm not very good with horses. I probably would have fallen off."

It’s one thing to make a bold campaign promise and not fulfill it. But if you are going to do that, at least have the courage (even I’m tired of throwing the Gov’s own colorful words back in his face) and admit that – in hindsight - you never should have made it, because you didn’t realize the enormity of the problem, or something like that. But acting like you never really made that promise in the first place – when it was the central theme of your campaign – is pathetic and insulting.

4 comments:

Anonymous,  12:18 PM  

I had recently observed over at CapFax that two of the world's "3 greatest lies" had to be updated due to Public Official A (A does not stand for Absent.)

At that time, I had forgotten "rock the system."

Stand corrected.

Anonymous,  6:42 PM  

"Reform and Renewal”
“End business as usual”
“Rock the system”

Nothing but classis campaign puffery.

Levois 8:09 AM  

What'll be unfortunate is that he'll still get reelected.

Anonymous,  10:42 AM  

LIES ALL LIES FROM DICK MELL AND THE ILLEGAL DUMP
HEALTH CARE
PRE-SCHOOL

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP