Saturday, May 24, 2008

Arlene Jones musing on economic stimulus checks

Arlene writes on what she'll do with that check.

Lastly, I know if America's economy is suffering, Black America's economy is almost dead. I will make an effort to spend that money with a black business or a black person, like those who will be at the Juneteenth celebration on Chicago Avenue next month. I got an offer to renew my Jet Magazine, so I'll renew it for four years rather than two. I'm sending some money for the King Memorial in Washington so I can say when I see it that I helped to build it. Lastly, my handyman is going to make money doing some of the home repairs that I need done that I cannot do.
Chicago's got a ten-and-quarter percent sales tax now. If that isn't a crushing tax on the people I don't know what is. Best thing the County could do for any business is reduce this tax.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP