Monday, June 23, 2008

Sandbagging Machine

With all the sandbagging going on, I thought readers might be interested in an invention I saw a picture of for the first time this year.

It's called "Sandbagger."

What you see is a machine which makes the filling the sandbags easier. More photos of how it works are here on McHenry County Blog.

Just hold the empty sandbag under the stream of sand and it fills up.

People still have to carry them after they are filled, but it appears to me that about half of the work can be mechanized.

I don't have a contact for the manufacturer, but this one was being operated by the Nunda Township Road Commissioner. His name is Don Kopsell. His phone number is 815-459-4410.

1 comments:

Lynn S 10:34 PM  

Cal, I'm very sorry, but this basically appears to be an adaptation of a gravity-flow grain wagon. I applaud this gentlemen's creativity, and I hope this device will get more use nationwide in the future, to make flood fighting more effective.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP