Friday, June 06, 2008

Emil Jones: 12 million people to take care of

From the Trib,

Senate President Jones predicted the Rezko verdict would have "no impact whatsoever" on negotiations to balance the budget or Blagojevich's ability to lead state government.

"We have 12 million people in the state to take care of," Jones said.
Rezko verdict certainly shows at least a few people in Illinois perfectly capable of taking care of themselves --with a vengeance-- until Fitz finally caught up with them.

Taking care of strikes me as a strange choice of words for a politician to use to describe what they do.

Serve or represent would have seemed better choices. Those are the words I hear more often.

I can't recall a pol ever talk about taking care of me. (Like Mike M, I think I'd put some distance from a Pol who did offer to take care of me!)

I don't think anyone in Illinois doubts politicans will take care of themselves, and I'm guessing most Illinosians feel like we're taking care of them; whether we want to or not.

Emil Jones above with Iraqi billionaire Nadhmi Auchi during Auchi's 2004 visit to Illinois... ...together taking care of the 12 million I guess.

xp Bill Baar's West Side

0 comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP