Sunday, February 11, 2007

Australian prime minister bashes Obama over Iraq policy

I'm sure a few people in Australia have Obama mania. Australian Prime Minister John Howard, a staunch supporter of our Iraq policy, isn't one of them.

From The Australian:

The man who wants to be the first black US president has pledged to withdraw US troops from Iraq by March 2008, a timetable Mr Howard believes is dangerous.

"I think that would just encourage those who wanted completely to destabilise and destroy Iraq, and create chaos and victory for the terrorists to hang on and hope for (an) Obama victory," Mr Howard told the Nine Network.

"If I was running al-Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008, and pray, as many times as possible, for a victory not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats."

I couldn't have phrased it any better myself.

One thing to remember about Australia: They've fought on our side--sometimes they were there first--in every one of our conflicts since World War I.

No other country can say that.

To comment on this post, or to vote in the Pajamas Media presidential straw poll, click here.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP