Sunday, February 11, 2007

Aussie PM Howard hits back at Obama

It's already tomorrow afternoon in Australia, and it's time for Prime Minister John Howard to answer back Obama's criticism of him.

From News.com Australia:

Now Mr. Howard has fired the latest salvo, saying Australia is making a "very significant and appropriate contribution'' given its population.

"I think the most interesting thing about (Senator Obama's comments) is that it didn't really address the substance of the issue,'' Mr Howard told ABC (Australia) Radio.

As for myself, I'd like to take Obama to task for this comment of his from earlier today:

"I think it's flattering that one of George Bush's allies on the other side of the world started attacking me the day after I announced (my candidacy),''

Uh, Senator, John Howard is the leader of Australia, one of America's allies in the War on Terror, he's not just an ally of George Bush.

Obama needs to work on his diplomatic skills. As I mentioned earlier today, Australia has fought with us in every one of our conflicts since World War I.

To comment on this post, please visit Marathon Pundit.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP