Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Former St. Rep. Monroe Flinn, R.I.P.

Just read that former State Representative Monroe Flinn of Granite City passed away.

Many who knew Monroe better than I will have fond memories, which I hope they will post below in the comment section.

Mine favorite is, "I move the previous question!"

Whenever the acting Speaker wanted to cut off debate, he would recognize Monroe. Monroe would arise from his seat in the back, more than willing to comply...especially if the session ran into the evening.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  12:05 AM  

From my Time when I was paging in the House

Monroe Flinn was always a decent man

The only problem was, when him and Richmond hit the page button, it would be a long walk

and I say that in fun :)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP